Saturday, November 3, 2007

HIGH MAINTENANCE MACHINE



When will autobiographers stop ruining comics for all time? Nobody likes them, and the cartoonists who do them can't tell a story to save their lives! These books are clogging the arteries of the medium and destroying any hope it has of finally getting super hero fans the respect they deserve! Their real lives make Superman cry!

Or something... The debate continues to rage across the blogosphere. The mass debaters almost all hail from the land of the ill-informed. And they've got big axes to grind with the unknown, shaking their fists in an unlit corridor.

Anyone who hates autobio comics should try reading one so they can speak from just a little bit of experience. Might I suggest Matthew Reidsma's High Maintenance Machine? It's a great daily diary comic full of humor and melancholy, drawn with an expressive and assured line. Reidsma also ably captures anecdotal scenes in a limited space and probably could've written this piece with considerably more concision than me.

High Maintenance Machine is copyleft Matthew Reidsma.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Reidsma said...

Hey, wow! Thanks Justin.

November 5, 2007 at 10:18 AM  
Blogger Justin Fox said...

It's just the lengths I'll go to avoid email... Glad you found it so quick!

November 5, 2007 at 6:46 PM  
Blogger Matthew Reidsma said...

Would you mind if I published this in the November issue of High Maintenance Machine? You'll get a free copy of the issue! Of course, this might entail you emailing me a hi-res version.... :)

November 5, 2007 at 10:56 PM  
Blogger Justin Fox said...

That would be awesome. I'd love it. And it's just the sort of thing to kick me in the email ass.

I've got an 800 dpi photoshop file on my computer. I can knock it down, change the format or send as is.

November 6, 2007 at 12:03 AM  
Blogger Matthew Reidsma said...

Send it over, my friend! mreidsma at mark gmail point com. Don't forget to send your mailing address as well!

November 6, 2007 at 11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker