Wednesday, November 7, 2007

H.R. all up in your Watson



Posted once upon a time and reposted here.

Paul Pope, Dave Lapham, Terry Moore, Grant Morrison and Jeff Smith are a BIG part of the reason I do comics. That, and of course, Justin for introducing me to them in the first place.

Back in college I had pretty much quite reading comics. But these guys gave me hope. I consider them my personal comics renaissance Mach 2. Mach 1 was Frank Miller, Hayao Miyazaki, Todd McFarlane, Art Adams, Masamune Shirow and Sienkeiwecz. That was in high school. Don't laugh at the McFarlane! That shit was tight and way left field different than the other stuff. In my formative years these guys are who I copied and how I ended up with the style I have. Mach 3 was right before I started drawing comics again back in 2004 and was basically Fantagraphics: Clowes, Sacco, Ware, Dietch and the Hernandez Bros.

Mach 4 is all the wonderful indie comics folks that I consider my peers, who inspire on the daily. That's a nice thought!

Perhaps I pay some more tribute to these folks. Amy Racecar! Tonantzin! Neil Jam!
Deunan Knute! Alias the Cat! I'll get around to it like Tupac and the Beach Boys!

HR Watson is ™ and © Paul Pope.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker